Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lusting After: Midi Skirts

Ahhh midi skirts.  Midi what?!  You know, those skirts that fall a few inches below the knee or mid-calf?  Those are what you call midi skirt.  Oh yes.  I've officially joined the old grandmothers club.  LOL.  Please don't ask me why I'm suddenly lusting for midi skirts because I couldn't find a logical reason either.  It's as if I suddenly woke up and boom!  Me likey midi skirts!  Maybe it's because I've "been there, done that" on most shapes and lengths of the skirts.  Mini, maxi, bodycon, skater, pencil, mullet, tulip... I've tried them all.  And now it's time I explore the more unknown - the midi.  Contrary to what most people would think, this is not your typical old lady skirt.  A midi skirt is not JUST a midi skirt.  There are several different cuts of the midi and the key here is to choose a print (or a solid color) that suits you best.  And to also avoid looking like an old lady, the pair of shoes you wear is also very important.  What I can suggest is to wear it with a pair of wedges.  It'll give you the extra height and the extra "oomph" to make you va-va-voom!  

Here are some of my midi skirt picks:

ADAM by Adam Lippes Silk Midi Skirt in Multi Print

ASOS Full Midi Skirt

ASOS Midi Dress With Leather Skirt And Jersey Top

ASOS Midi Skirt In Bold Stripe

ASOS Midi Skirt in Abstract Jacquard

ASOS Midi Skirt in Check Print

ASOS Midi Skirt in Floral Jewel Print

Cheap Monday Midi Skirt

Yumi Mesh Midi Skirt

...so?  How do you like it?  Have I finally convinced you to come over to the midi side?  Not sure about you, but I'm now off to search for my perfect midi skirt!

Photo Credit:  All photos from asos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment