Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Now Open: Old Navy in Manila

Late post.  Oops!  But better late than never, right?  Last March 22, Old Navy finally opened its doors in Manila!  I'm actually very excited about this, but sadly couldn't make it on opening day because of conflicting schedules, so I finally set foot in their BGC store a week after they opened.  

First off, a little back story:  Me and Old Navy, we go waaaay back.  (LOL, as if we're great friends!)  I still remember my high school days spent wandering around the huge warehouse-like store in San Francisco, California.  Racks and racks of great basics, comfy jeans and cool stuff, all at affordable prices!  What's not to love, right?  And for the high school me, that's my shopping heaven.  Never stopped going to Old Navy ever since I discovered it, even till today.  That's why I got so excited when I heard they were finally opening in our shores.  Yay!

You guys are probably tired of my babbling, so let me share with you some pictures I took.  Enjoy!

The Old Navy building.  Yup, the ENTIRE thing.

First thing that greets you at the entrance
Love these shopping carts!  Why carry when you can roll along?  LOL.

The women's department on the ground floor

Tees and Pants

Maternity and Lounge Wear

Let's go for a swim!

The wall of flip flops

Active Wear

Real truck at the children's department on the 2nd floor!

Something for the boys
...and for the girls
Baby stuff too!

Need to unwind?  There's a Coffee Bean on the 3rd floor!

Men's department

Shirt, shirts, shirts

Need jeans?  Take your pick

More printed shirts

Button downs and shorts

Active Wear

Just look at that.  THREE floors of awesome Old Navy goodness!
They even have some cool stuff by the counter!




So, what do I think?  I love the fact that the store looks and feels exactly like the ones I go to in the US.  Price points are reasonable too.  The only thing that needs improvement is the service.  From the moment I stepped into the store, till the moment I left, not one staff approached me to ask if I needed help with anything.  No one greets you at the door, and no one is manning the fitting room either. Everyone is basically doing their own thing and ignoring the customers. And it's not just me either.  I noticed that the staff is generally ignoring all the customers, except if you approach them first.  Tsk tsk.  Guess I got too pampered by the friendly faces and accommodating staff in Old Navy US, that's why it puzzled me that the ones here are the exact opposite.  Hoping that these are just birthing pains of the new store and that they'll be able to do something about it in the coming months.


Old Navy is at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, and at Glorietta, Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment