Wednesday, June 18, 2014

LA Eats: Lawry's The Prime Rib

And now we've reached the end of my LA series.  No worries, I saved the best for last.  For our last night in LA, Dad wanted to go somewhere special.  Our parents had traveled to LA last year, and a friend had treated them to dinner at Lawry's.  Must have been some dinner because my Dad doesn't usually crave for steak.  We were only too happy to comply when he said he wanted to dine in Lawry's.  Score!  I myself have never tried Lawry's before, but I've heard great things about them.  Fond memories of steak in the US were always associated with The House of Prime Rib in San Francisco, because we almost always go to SFO whenever we travel to the US.  But hey, I'm always open to trying other restaurants!  Let's see how Lawry's compare with The House of Prime Rib, shall we?
  

Salad mixed in front of you
 The server will mix the salad in front of you.  Watching her do the spinning and tossing was fun!


The Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad
...and here's the finished product.  Crisp lettuce and superb Lawry's exclusive vintage dressing.  Not a salad person but this left me wanting for more!


Prime Rib!
Lawry's Prime Rib, is also cut in front of you.  The chef will wheel in the huge portable cart which contains your prime rib and all the sides.  Just look at that.  Mouth-watering!


The Lawry Cut



We each ordered the Prime Rib dinner, in different cuts.  I had the Lawry Cut, which is their traditional and most popular cut, in medium well doneness.  The plate includes mashed potatoes, creamed corn and Yorkshire pudding.   And how was it?  Fantastic.  Took me back to the good 'ol House of Prime Rib days.  The prime rib was tender, but I guess I got spoiled by too many good prime rib that I found the aroma a bit lacking.  It was good nonetheless; just look at those juices!  Yum!  The sides were something too.  The creamed corn was sweet and really creamy, and the Yorkshire pudding was crispy on the outside and oh so soft on the inside.  4 out of 5 stars!


Lawry's The Prime Rib is at 100 N La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Hills, California, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment