Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Dean & DeLuca, Now Open in Rockwell!

Dean & DeLuca, which first started as an upscale grocery store, was established in 1977 in New York City.  They've grown ever since, diversifying into cafes and opening in a number of international locations.  Admittedly, I've never had a chance to try out Dean & DeLuca when I visited New York a few years back.  Never got to try them out in other countries either.  But what got me so excited was because I seem to always see this store in a number of movies and TV series, so this definitely made me wonder what made them so famous.

Fast forward to late last year, a sign for Dean & DeLuca was put up in Edades Tower right across the Powerplant Mall.  I silently made a thank you to whoever was to bring it here.  

Finally, last month, Dean & DeLuca opened to the public!  Thanks to Instagram, and a few very up-to-date friends, I found out about it and dragged Hubby and the Brother to try it out for Sunday brunch. (sorry, delayed post!  We were able to try D&D on their first week of operations)

Dea & DeLuca from the outside

Inside Dean & DeLuca
I am loving this clean, uncluttered interiors!

Assortment of Breads
With so much bread, it's really hard to chose just a few!  I wanted to try them all!

Cakes
...and then there's also the cake situation.  My mind says "control yourself" but my tummy says "go for it!"

Coffee/Tea/Smoothie Bar
Don't even get me started on the drinks!  They have tea, coffee, milkshakes, smoothies and New York sodas!

Apple Cider Blueberry Muffin
Since it was just the three of us, we decided to just order one pastry and a couple of light dishes.  The Apple Cider Blueberry Muffin was the first thing that arrived on our table.  I was expecting really moist, almost melt in your mouth goodness, but I found it to be a bit dry.

Sauteed mushrooms, pesto toast, goat cheese and salad greens in raspberry vinaigrette
Love, love, love this salad!  The sauteed mushrooms were ultra earthy and juicy.  My only comment is that I wish the vegetables didn't look so sad...

Shrimp and calamari with pesto and marinara sauce
Thin, crisp and chewy, all at the same time.  This is probably one of the best pizzas I've tried.  A definite must!

Smoked turkey breast with Brie de Meaux and cranberry in croissant


When I saw this on the menu, my heart skipped a beat.  I loved everything they've incorporated into this croissant, but the croissant itself lacked the flakiness I've loved in other croissants.  Needs improvement.


Overall, Dean & Deluca has lived up to the hype.  4 out of 5 stars!  We absolutely loved the pizza, and cannot wait to try everything else on the menu.  It's still on soft opening mode though, so can't expect them to be perfect.  We did, however, go back the week after.  Watch out for my next post!


Dean & DeLuca is at the G/F, Rockwell Edades Tower, Poblacion, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment