Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hong Kong Eats: Ippudo HK, a second time

Remember this?  Well, we loved it so much that we cannot simply pass up the chance of going back there again.  Plus, the last time we ate in Ippudo Singapore, they don't serve the codfish that I've been raving about in their HK branch.  So here we go, Ippudo HK, take two.

Akamaru Shinaji
Broth is good, but found it a tad too salty for my taste.  Guess my tastebuds got spoiled with our very own Ramen Nagi in SM Aura.  :)

Eel Rice with Egg in Stone Pot
Ah, something new.  I've always been a fan of the unagi (eel) so finding this in the menu, I just had to order it.  No regrets here, the eel perfectly complemented the soft Japanese rice.

Codfish with Saikyo Miso Sauce
And of course, our Ippudo favorite.  The codfish that haunted me for half a year.  This was just a teeny tiny bit overcooked compared to the last time, but nonetheless, it does the job well.  An explosion of  greatness in my mouth.  Ooooh.

Soft Boiled Egg

And being the egg monster, we ordered not one, but two kinds of soft boiled eggs.  If they had 10 kinds of soft boiled eggs, I tell you, we would've ordered them all.  LOL.  This one tasted very plain.  But I liked that they were consistent in delivering real soft boiled eggs, unlike some ramen joints that give almost hard boiled ones.

Flavored Soft Boiled Egg


Now this, will be my staple order every single time in our future Ippudo visits.  Marinated soft boiled egg is love.  Almost made me order another one if only I wasn't afraid of cholesterol levels shooting up, haha!


All in all, I applaud Ippudo HK for consistency.  Will definitely be back again and again and again!  4 out of 5 stars! 


Ippudo HK is at Shop 210, Silvercord Tower, 30 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong 

No comments:

Post a Comment