Thursday, November 13, 2014

TaiOne

Earlier today (yup, just today!), Mom and Brother wanted to go out for lunch.  Mom has been mentioning about trying out a new restaurant at the new Promenade mall called TaiOne for some time now, and curiosity got the best of her.  I've grown a bit tired of the food choices in Greenhills too, so trying out something new is music to my ears.

TaiOne, a play of words for Taiwan, is (obviously) a Taiwanese restaurant.  LOL.  From the outside, the signage says "TaiOne Beef Noodles A Taste of Taiwan" so an easy guess would be that the specialty is indeed beef noodles.  You bet I was going to get some beef noodles! 


Oyster Omelette
One of the best oyster omelettes.  I'm a huge egg person, and trust me when I say the egg was good.  It was cooked perfectly; extra fluffy and a tiny bit undercooked - just the way I like it!  Wish that the oyster pieces were more though...  

Braised Beef Brisket & Tendon Noodle
Another winner!  Didn't I tell you I was going to try the beef noodles?  And I loved it!  The broth was heavenly, the noodles chewy and the beef was very tender.

Beef Burritos
Ever tried a Chinese burrito?  Well here it is!  And it's pretty tasty!  Except maybe next time I'll ask them to take out the cucumbers.

Panfried Pork Dumplings
TaiOne's panfried pork dumplings are crunchy on the outside and juicy on the insides. 

Sauteed Cabbage with XO Sauce
Sadly, did not get to try this one.  Someone (ahem, brother) wolfed it down before I could even get a spoonful!

Chicken Nuggets
If you're familiar with the chicken chops that are available in different milk tea shops, then you'd know what this one tastes like.  

Satay Beef with Water Spinach



Again, I only got one piece of beef before someone attacked it and left nothing at all!  But happy to report that the one and only piece I got was very flavorful.


Oh and by the way, TaiOne takes pride that their dishes has no MSG on it.  I can tell you it's true because all three of us who dined there didn't get that thirsty feeling afterwards - the usual MSG consequence.  Plus points for TaiOne for coming out with really tasty yet MSG-free food! 


The verdict?  TaiOne is one of the better restaurants we've tried in a long, long time.  One of the best among the Greehills restaurants, I daresay.  Will definitely be back to try out the other dishes.  4.5 out of 5 stars! 


TaiOne is at G/F, Promenade New Wing, Greenhills, San Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment