Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tim Ho Wan in Manila

Speaking of barbecued pork buns...  I realized I totally forgot to blog about my Tim Ho Wan experience here in Manila!  Argh!  But better late than never, right?  A few months ago, I finally got the chance to try out Tim Ho Wan.  Been wanting to try it out ever since they opened, but the long lines always prevented me from doing so.  So on an extremely rare and early trip to SM Megamall a few months back, I finally got my chance! 

Tim Ho Wan Manila, like their Hong Kong counterpart, has a very simple ordering process.  Each table is given a sheet of paper which lists down everything they have.  Just put the number of orders you want for each dish, give it to your server and wait for your orders to arrive!

Menu Page 1

Menu Page 2

Baked Bun with BBQ Pork
Say hello to the very item that "made" Tim Ho Wan.  I've already raved and salivated over the one in Hong Kong, so trying out the Manila counterpart is a must.  Sad to say, I didn't find the Manila version as appetizing as the original.  It was good, yes, but paled in comparison to Hong Kong's.


Vermicelli Roll with Sweet and Sesame Sauce
Loved this.  Reminded me of the sidewalk vermicelli roll I usually get whenever I'm in Hong Kong.  It was both sweet and nutty, which was perfect.


Prawn Dumpling
Again, another winner.  The skin was thin but doesn't break easily, and the prawn pieces are huge!


Beancurd Skin Roll with Pork and Shrimp
Not bad.  The beancurd skin was very soft.


Vermicelli Roll with Shrimp
If I could stuff my face with Tim Ho Wan's vermicelli rolls every single day, I would.  Hats off to their vermicelli roll maker.  Theirs is one of the most delicious ones I've tried.  The skin was oh so thin, and the insides was plump and juicy.


Vermicelli Roll with Beef
Again, vermicelli roll.  Guess I'm on a roll! (pun intended)  LOL.  But seriously, Tim Ho Wan Manila's vermicelli rolls are highly recommended.  Even better than Hong Kong's, I daresay.


Beef Ball with Beancurd Skin
Pretty good too.  Is there anything that Tim Ho Wan can't do well?!


Pan Fried Carrot Cake


And don't get me started on their pan fried carrot cake.  Ok, this is actually what we commonly know as the radish cake.  For some reason our Hong Kong and Singapore neighbors like to call them as carrot cake.  No biggie.  They can call it whatever they want as long as it tastes goooood!  Tim Ho Wan Manila's version is a definite must!  Absolutely loved biting into the huge radish chunks.  Yum!


So the verdict?  Oh what they heck, just take all my money.  5 out of 5 stars!


Tim Ho Wan is at UG/F SM Megamall Fashion Hall, Julia Vargas Ave. cor. EDSA, Wack Wack, Mandaluyong

No comments:

Post a Comment