Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hong Kong Eats: la vache!

la vache!  The mere mention of the name already sounds so posh.  And what made it more intriguing was seeing two of my friends' drool-worthy posts on two separate occasions.  So I made it a point to schedule a la vache! visit on my trip to Hong Kong this time.  Alone.  Yup, time for some me-time.  

Trekking (yes, trekking!) to la vache! is no easy task.  If not for my ever-so-reliable mobile data connection, I don't think I'll ever find this place.  It's not located in any of my usual familiar territory, so halfway through, a sweaty and grumpy 'ol me was already cursing my gluttonous self for venturing into the unknown.  But hey, life is nothing but an adventure, right?  Might as well make the most of it!   

la vache! Finally!
...and finally, after what seemed to be an eternity, this sign greeted me.
  

Menu
See the "menu" above?  This is actually the ONLY thing they serve.  I was hoping for more options but was mildly surprised when the server told me that they don't really have anything else.  Vegetarians, beware!


Got a bit bored while waiting for my food, so I did a bit of utensil photography.  LOL.


Bread
Nothing special.  Zzzzz....


Salad
If you must know, vegetables are my absolute enemy.  So it takes a really good salad for me to actually eat it.  And this, is definitely not one of them.


Steak!
Finally, the main entree.  Looks pretty good huh?


Steak and fries

More steak!!!
Would you take a look at that!  Oooh... take me back!!!


Warmer
Loved the fact that they served the steak on this plate complete with the warmer at the bottom to keep the steak hot.  Because the last thing you'd want is a cold steak.


Dessert



Nope, didn't even bother to finish the dessert.  It's not as good as it looks.


So what was my impression of la vache?  It was the bomb!  Forget everything else, the steak is everything you need.  Next to wagyu, this is the juiciest piece of steak I've ever tasted.  Sooooo good!  And for HK$258, I'd stay this is such a steal!  On my next trip, I'll make sure to bring the whole clan here.  LOL.  5 out of 5 stars! (at least, for the steak)


la vache! is at 48 Peel Street, Central, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment