Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hong Kong Eats: BLT Burger

On our second night in Hong Kong, Hubby and I found ourselves in Times Square, Causeway Bay.  We were dead tired from walking, and we were running late for a late night meet-up with a friend.  We needed something near and fast, so when we passed by BLT Burger, this was it.

Chicken Wings (Tangy BBQ)
This was ok.  Nothing to write home about.  Though... Hubby did mention that the blue cheese dip was pretty good.


The Classic
7 oz. Grilled Certified Black Angus Beef


Innards of the Classic Burger
This was my order.  I specified that I didn't want tomatoes or onions in my burger, but I guess the server forgot.  Forgot or deliberately "forgot".  


Roaring Forties Blue
7 oz. Grilled CAB Burger, Roaring Forties Blue Cheese, Balsamic Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms

Hubby's order.  He likes them stinky, so I always ask if that's the reason why he married me.  LOL.  He said it was fine.  Fine=meh.


So the verdict?  The food in BLT Burger is nothing special.  Yes, the patty was very soft, but that's about it.  No distinct beef aroma whatsoever.  And the service?  You can forget about it.  Remember about my no tomato, no onions order?  Besides conveniently forgetting, the server looked very unwelcoming as well.  So between the mediocre food and the bad service, one thing is for sure:  we won't be back.  2 out of 5 stars.


BLT Burger is at Shop B224A Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment