Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hong Kong Eats: Pierre Hermé Paris

Hi guys!  Sorry for being AWOL for a while, been busy shamelessly plugging my SM style hunt thing over the past few days.  Well, sadly, I did not win.  But that's okay!  Thanks to everyone who voted for me :)  Now, back to regular programming!

So what's next in my series of Hong Kong Eats?  Ah, Pierre Hermé.  I actually missed out on Pierre Hermé the last time we went to Hong Kong.  I didn't know they already opened!  I only found out when we already got back and I saw all those Instagram and Facebook posts.  Since then,  I've been beating myself up psychologically for missing the chance to try the much-hyped macarons.  Now, on this trip, you can bet that this was among the list of my must-trys!  Let's see how it compares to Ladurée.  But first, the pictures!

Store front.  Look at all those macarons on display!


Aside from macarons, they offer an assortment of other things

Look!  Jams and candles!  But before I could take more photos, the sales stopped me.  "No pictures!"  BOO.

Chocolates!  I snapped this one from the store window.  Stealth mode.  LOL.


A list Pierre Hermé macarons.  Take your pick!


I am loving the paper bag.  Cute!

And finally, our loot.

Don't they look scrumptious?



So how was it?  Initially I wanted to eat them the moment we got them.  But since we haven't had our dinner yet, we waited until we got back to the hotel before attacking.  The verdict?  Um... sad to say, it did nothing for me.  The flavors were weird (most are a mix of two flavors) and the macaron itself was too crumbly.  Not sure if it's because it took time before we ate it, or the texture really is like that.  It was kinda cold in Hong Kong so the heat may not be a factor.  I'd have to give it 2 out of 5 stars.  Oh well.  Back to Ladurée


Pierre Hermé  is at Shop 2410, Level 2, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment