Friday, August 15, 2014

Paseo Uno at The Mandarin Oriental Manila

Goodbyes are hard.  Specially when you've grown accustomed to something/someone/someplace for the longest time.  What on earth am I talking about?  I'm referring to the Mandarin Oriental in Makati.  When news first broke that this famed hotel was closing, everyone started asking why. I myself am not familiar with why the hotel was closing, but we can all breathe a sigh of relief because they promise to open at another location within the year  2020.  Before we bid our final goodbye to Mandarin Oriental's current location, Hubby and I decided to pay them a visit.



Let's start with their buffet selection, shall we?

Salads

Sushi

Cold Appetizer

Fresh Catch. Check out the huge tuna!

Paella and Lechon

Tempura Station

Chinese Station

Mains

Carving Station

Pasta Station

Dessert

Halo-Halo and Ice Cream

Selection of Wines

...with all the selection of food that Paseo Uno has to offer, I've only managed to take one photo of what I had.  Why?  Well, first, the glutton in me was so hungry, I forgot!  And second, I think that among everything they had, this was the best of them all.  Scroll down to see:

Unlimited Foie Gras!!!

Between the two of us, I think Hubby and I must have consumed about 30 pieces of foie gras.  No judging!  It was soooo good!  I did feel a little bit lightheaded after, so I stopped.  Cholesterol levels must be off the charts!  LOL!   


Overall, I wouldn't exactly say that the buffet at Paseo Uno is beyond exceptional.  Aside from the carving station and the fresh pasta, everything else was ho-hum.  But for the sake of nostalgia, I would definitely recommend it.  Good news for you guys too!  From August 18, 2014 to September 5, 2014, Paseo Uno's luxury buffet will be offered nightly at only Php 1950+.   For the price of just a regular buffet, you get to enjoy free flowing wine  and unlimited foie gras, something that is usually offered at a far higher price.  This is the perfect time to make that reservation, because Mandarin Oriental will be closing its doors permanently on September 9, 2014.


Paseo Uno is at the G/F of Mandarin Oriental Manila, Makati Avenue, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment