Friday, August 22, 2014

Teddy's Bigger Burgers

Teddy's Bigger Burgers, Hawaii's top burger joint, is set to open in Manila tomorrow, August 23, 2014.  Remember my post about Teddy's?   Mark your calendars, because tomorrow is THE big day.   But before I go any further, here are a few quick facts about Teddy's Bigger Burgers.

Teddy's Bigger Burgers, which began in 1998,  was founded by Ted Tsakiris and Rich Stula.  Both are burger lovers who failed to find burger restaurants who offer the same quality burger that they cook in their backyards.  Hence, Teddy's Bigger Burgers was born.  Since then, they have opened 11 locations in Hawaii, 4 in mainland US, 1 in Japan and now, 1 in Manila.  The Philippine franchise is brought to us by the same group who are responsible for local favorites such as Sumo Sam, Akira, and the like.  

Last Wednesday, I had the privilege of attending the Teddy's Bigger Burgers' exclusive media sneak peek.  Scroll down and see how it went:











Tiki Wings
My meal started with the Tiki Wings.  I wasn't able to eat it immediately when it was served, so it was already cool when I got to it.  Well surprise, surprise!  The wings were still crispy, with the sauce sweet and tangy. 


As with all the other burger joints, the main focus will always be on the burger.  Teddy's Bigger Burgers' patties are bigger than the average, with sizes ranging from 5oz to 7oz, and up to a whopping 9oz!  They are made from 100% corn-fed US Black Angus ground chuck, with no binders or fillers.  It has zero preservatives and are not injected with flavors.  And since the patties are charbroiled, the oil drips off; leaving you with a less oily version of the patty.  This is all great news, because after all, less oil = less guilt.  And now I can eat in peace, and not to mention, eat more!  Ok, ok, I'm stalling.  Let me get to the mouthwatering part.




I went with the 5 oz. Cheese Burger with Swiss Cheese and Bacon.  What can I say?  It's the bomb!  The potato buns were soft and fluffy, the patty was big and juicy (not greasy at all!), my bacon was nicely crisp, and the sauce!  Don't even get me started on their special sauce!  I don't really know what they put in it, but it's really delicious!  It's the kind of sauce that makes you want to barge in their kitchen, grab the bottle (or the tub!) and just pour everything in your mouth.  Oops! 



A little trivia about Teddy's milkshakes:   Teddy's milkshakes are made from 90% ice cream and 10% milk. I tried their strawberry milkshake, and OH MY.  The only words that I can think of was that is was rich, creamy and oh so good.  Plus points for the strawberry bits, which reminded me of my favorite Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream.



Meet the geniuses behind Teddy's Bigger Burgers, Ted Tsakiris and Rich Stula.  Really down to earth guys.  They went around and made sure everyone enjoyed their burgers and had a great time.  

So...  what can I say?  Overall I loved Teddy's Bigger Burgers!  Finally, a burger joint for the serious burger fanatics here in Manila.  I say it's about time.  4.5 out of 5 stars!  

Oh and don't forget! (I don't think you will, but just to be sure, I'll remind you again) Tomorrow is the big debut of Teddy's Bigger Burgers.  Make sure to fall in line early, because the first 5 in line gets a YEAR's supply of burgers.  6-10th person gets 6 months supply, and 11th-20th gets 3 months supply.  Free burgers for the first 100 in line too!  This is serious stuff.  So I say GO!  See you there! 


Teddy's Bigger Burgers is at 3/F, Greenbelt 3, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment