Saturday, October 19, 2013

Zong

Hungry from all the shopping calories that we burned from all the stores in Paseo de Sta. Rosa, Hubby and I were in search for something to devour come dinnertime.  Having tried Zong before, we both decided to go back for their delicious Chicken in Salted Egg Yolk.  

Here's what we had:
Chicken in Salted Egg Yolk
For those that are not familiar with this restaurant, Zong is widely famous for their Chicken in Salted Egg Yolk.  I've tried it two other times in other branches and this dish has been consistently delicious.  The crunch of the skin, paired with the aroma and the creaminess of the salted egg yolk, is purely a match made in heaven.  If you must only order one dish in Zong, then this is it.


Braised Beef Tapa
Of all the dishes we had that night, this one was the one we both liked the least.  Some pieces were tender, but some were also tough.  I didn't like the mix of the spices either.


Singapore Style Prawns
It was a nice surprise when the Singapore Style Prawns arrived at our table.  The prawns were huge!  And there were 5-6 of them too!  After we finished our prawns, we had to resist the urge to order rice just to mop up the remaining sweet, tangy sauce.


Sauteed Spinach with 2 Eggs





The spinach was fresh, and the two eggs (salted and century egg) complemented each other.  I don't normally eat my vegetables (I know, I know, bad kid!) but I find myself fighting Hubby for the last bite!  Hey, if all vegetables are as good as the spinach in Zong, then I'd gladly have my fill of vegetables!


Overall, I'd give Zong 4 out of 5 stars.  Except for the Braised Beef Tapa, all the other dishes we had are highly recommended!  Just thinking about it makes me crave for their Chicken in Salted Egg Yolk.  I have a gut feeling we'll be dining in Zong for all the future shopping trips in Paseo de Sta. Rosa!

Zong is at Paseo de Sta. Rosa Outlet Stores, Sta Rosa Business Park, Balibago, Tagaytay Highway, Sta Rosa, Laguna 

No comments:

Post a Comment