Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sydney Eats: Hurricane's Grill

...and I saved the best for last!  It's been quite a long time since my last post, sorry!  Since it's the holiday season, been quite busy with work-related stuff.  BUT, I hope I can make up for it with this post!  Hurricane's Grill:  our last dinner in Sydney, and Brother's amazing discovery.

First off:  a little back story.  during our countless searches for great restaurants in Sydney, Brother came across Hurricane's Grill.  He mentioned that the reviews were pretty good, so a few days before, we've already decided to go there for dinner.  But in those few days, we were nowhere near the area so we had to dine somewhere else.  Finally, on the last day, we had a bit of time in our hands.  We needed to eat someplace close since we'll be heading back to the hotel early to pack up our luggage (boo!) and Harbourside Shopping Center, where Hurricane's Grill is situated, is very near where we're staying.  Yay!

Here's what we had:


Salt & Pepper Calamari



Char-Grilled Chicken Salad

Fillet of Tenderloin with Baked Potato and Mushroom Sauce

Pork Riblets



Oh. My. Goodness.  The pork riblets were the best ribs we've ever tasted in our lives!  Notice the plural form "we've" and "our"?  Yup, all four of us agreed they are simply the best!  Extra tender, fall-off-the-bone pieces with lip smacking barbecue sauce.  I tell you, you'll never go wrong with this one.  The other dishes were pretty good too.  The tenderloin is also soft and juicy.  I particularly loved the mushroom sauce; you'll taste the mushroom in every drop!  Calamari is also soft, but I find it a tad too salty.  Salad was pretty fresh too!  See?  I have no bad things to say about Hurricane's Grill.  Every single thing is Y-U-M-M-Y!  5 out of 5 stars!  And yes, I will definitely be back.

So boys and girls, here's the final entry for this year's Sydney vacation.  I hope you liked it!  Never expected I'd say this, but yes, I've fallen in love with Sydney.  The place, the people, the shopping and the food are all fantastic.  Can't wait to go back and see the rest of Australia!  Maybe next year?  Cross fingers! :)


Hurricane's Grill is at Shop 433-436, Level 2, Harbourside Shopping Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment