Sunday, December 22, 2013

Outfit of the Week: Modern Kimono

Over the years, I noticed that jackets almost always makes an outfit look more polished and more professional.  Doesn't matter what you wear underneath, be in a simple white tank or a floral top, topping it off with a jacket glamorizes the simplest of outfits.  So why am I harping over jackets when I'm not wearing one?  Because in this country where the sun always shines and the weather is 24/7, 365 days hot hot hot, 'ol sweaty me cannot stand the thought of wearing jackets!  Nope.  If I could go out in my birthday suit, I would.  But that would be scandalous.  Plus, I think everyone would run away screaming "my eye, my eye!!!"  LOL.  So what's the next best alternative?  Kimono jackets!  Aha!  See?  All this babbling leads to a point!  It's definitely lighter than a jacket, but it also gives off that same polished look and same coverage, without making you break a sweat!  How's that for fashion and comfort?  Best of both worlds!  Another plus is that kimono jackets are so versatile, you can wear them practically with anything.  Be it a dress, a skirt, a pair of pants, leggings, shorts... the list is endless!  Just a tip when finding your own kimono jacket though, veer away from the ones that looks like a bathrobe or else you'd end up looking ready for bed, or bath!  LOL.  We wouldn't want that.  So choose your piece wisely and you'd be able to wear them in endless ways.  Enjoy!


Cover-up:  Cotton On
Tank Top:  Arizona
Shorts:  Ever New
Bag:  YSL
Shoes:  Janylin
Necklace:  from Karl Edward Bazaar at NBC Tent, Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment