Friday, December 6, 2013

Sydney Eats: The Meat and Wine Co.

Australia is well known for their steaks.  And we are not leaving Australia without trying at least one steakhouse.  So during dinner at the Emperor's Garden Restaurant, we asked the manager which steakhouse was the best in Sydney.  He recommended The Meat and Wine Co.  The next day, we wasted no time and found ourselves in that very steakhouse.  Efficient huh?  We're never lethargic when it comes to food.  LOL.

Szechuan Calamari
Our appetizer.  Oh wow.  I was blown away from the very first bite.  Extra soft squid with flavorful batter.  I daresay the best calamari we've ever tried!


Greek Village Salad with Chicken
Brother's salad.  Dear brother is on a diet so instead of protein-loading, he opted to have this.  Bo-ring!


Monte Grain Select Rib-Eye
Mom's steak.  Tough as a rock.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating.  But you get my point.


Monte Black Wagyu Rib-Eye



My steak.  This one was a lot softer, but incomparable to the better wagyus I've tried.


Overall impression?  Not impressed.  Heck, we can get better steaks here in Manila!  Mom didn't want her rib-eye, so she gave it all to me!  And I seriously had a headache while chewing on her rib-eye.  The only dish that saved the restaurant from getting a zero from me was the calamari.  So... 1 out of 5 stars.


The Meat and Wine Co. is at L1, 31 Wheat Road, IMAX Theatre Complex, Cockle Bay, Darling Harbour, Sydney NSW 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment