Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Draft Gastropub

A few weeks ago, I had my usual haircut at the Basement Salon in Rockwell.  So when lunch time rolled around, food was on the brain.  But unlike the times that we just go and hang out at the usual favorites, this time, I had something else in mind.  You see, Draft has just opened a few months ago and I wanted to try it.    And Hubby, being the very nice guy that he is, let's me have my way when it comes to choosing restaurants.  Yay!  

Here's what we had:
Barbecue Beef Rib Fingers
This reminded me of the BBQ beef rib fingers that I always order at the Republiq Cafe in Resortsworld.  Curiosity got the better of me and I asked the server if the owners are the same, to which he replied "yes, one of the part-owners".  Aha! 


1 Lb. Fried Sweet Chili Wings
This would have been oh so good if only they made the batter thinner.  The batter was so thick that it made biting into the wings quite a chore.  


Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding
Now this, is the winner of the meal.  Also reminded me of the sticky toffee pudding in Cafe Juanita.  Soft and moist, an explosion of sweetness in your mouth.  A must try!


Overall I'd give Draft a 4 out of 5.  We had a light lunch that day because we weren't feeling very hungry.  But I spy a lot more goodies to try (hello, red velvet pancakes!) so we'll definitely be back.


Draft is at Level 2, Powerplant Mall, Estrella St. Poblacion, Makati City.

No comments:

Post a Comment