Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Smoper Chicken

One fine weekday, Hubby and I found ourselves in Fort.  And what do you know, it was lunchtime too!  To save us the trouble of looking for a restaurant to eat, I suggested we go to Smoper Chicken.  I've heard about this chicken place once or twice, and have been tempted to eat there ever since when I passed by a few weeks ago.  Another reason is that I still have an unused voucher from Deal Grocer, hehe!  

Two years ago, Korean chicken invasion happened in our country.  These twice-fried uber-crispy glazed chicken drove us nuts.  First it was Chicken Charlie.  Then came the ever famous Bonchon.  Four Fingers also opened.  And who here does not know our very own Manang's Chicken?  Yes, I'm a chicken freak.  Sue me.  Kidding!  From those I mentioned, I've tried three out of four.  So naturally, when Deal Grocer came up with the Smoper Chicken deal, I had to get it.

Now back to our lunch, it was 12:30PM when we arrived, right smack in the middle of the busy office lunch hour.  And yes, there was a looooong line and nowhere to sit.  Luckily, a group just finished their meal and I asked Hubby to secure the table while I queue at the counter.  When it was finally my turn, I handed the cashier my voucher only to be told that the voucher is only redeemable starting 2PM.  She pointed at the fine print.  BOO!  That's what happens when you don't read the fine print.  But we were there anyway and there's no way I'm going to another restaurant after the long queue.  



Tick tock, tick tock... We were served around 10 minutes after I ordered.  Plus points for the fast service!


My 2-piece chicken in Soy Garlic.  What I noticed right away is the size of their chicken parts.  It's bigger than what the other chicken places are serving.  The skin is also thinner (less batter) and oh so crunchy.  Feels like I'm eating chicharon.  Crrrruuunch!  


Hubby's 2-piece chicken in Original.  Original is spicy-sweet.  Hubby said it was ok, but he liked mine better.  

Overall, I give Smoper Chicken a 4.5 out of 5.  I like it better than the other chicken places.  Guess I have to try the last and final one, then I can declare a winner.  But so far, Smoper is on top of the list.  Will definitely be back.  I still have a voucher to redeem!

Smoper Chicken is at One McKinley Place, 26th St cor 4th Ave. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig.

No comments:

Post a Comment