Thursday, May 30, 2013

2nd Time Around: Wafu

Late last year, my mom and I were able to try Wafu for the very first time.  While it didn't impress us that much, months after, we decided to give it another go.  It's always good to give second chances, right?  And besides, other members of the family haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet.  So on a random weeknight, we paid Wafu a visit. (Still haven't gotten the chance to sit in their cocoon chairs, though.  It was reserved!  Boo.)

Here's what we had:
Edamame



Dobin Mushi

Chawan Mushi
California Roll
Gyu Don

Warm Mushroom Salad


Tiger Roll
Chicken Teriyaki
Angus Shortribs
Beeef Negimaki
Nasu Dengaku

I'll skip the commentary on each and every dish and just give an overall observation.  Did Wafu improve the second time around?  Uh... no.  Everything we ordered were so-so.  Underwhelming.  And sad to say, totally not worth it.  I'd rather go back to old favorites like Omakase or Yuujin to get my Japanese fix the next time I crave for it.  One word of advice:  do not mess with the tried and tested dishes.  What I noticed was that they kept on trying to reinvent some old favorites, but fail to do so.  Hence, the dish tastes funny.  2 out of 5 stars. 

Wafu is at Greenhills Shopping Center, N Western St Greenhills, San Juan.

No comments:

Post a Comment