Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Singapore Eats: Wild Honey

It's not a secret, but Mandarin Gallery houses some of Orchard Road's notable restaurants.  There's the famed Chatterbox, Ippudo, Jones the Grocer, and today's featured restaurant:  Wild Honey.  I've been going on and on about my Singapore must-try restaurant list, and surprisingly, Wild Honey is not one of them.  We just happen to chance upon it when we had our afternoon ramen fix in Ippudo the day before.  The name sounded oddly familiar, and it was then that I remembered reading about it while browsing for my restaurants list.  I had absolutely no idea what kind of food they serve, but the restaurant's inviting homey interiors made me want to try out the place. 

Homey ambiance of the restaurant
How can you say no to the chill-and-hang-out vibe going on in the above picture, right?  It was already quite late when we arrived, so Hubby and I did a quick go-through with the menu, to which we discovered that Wild Honey actually serves breakfast fare!  I was actually expecting Wild Honey to be more of  comfort food place, but no problem, since we both love a good hearty breakfast (yes, even in the middle of the night!).  Scroll down to see what we got!

Mandarin Wilderness Mocktail

Queen Bee Mocktail

Goat Cheese Salad


English


European





Overall I'd rate Wild Honey a 2 out of 5.  Everything we had were just so-so.  Everything except one.  The Eggs Benedict (European) was the bomb!  Imagine gooey egg yolks with creamy Hollandaise sauce in soft, fluffy brioche.  Absolutely fantastic!


Wild Honey is at 3/F Mandarin Gallery, 333a Orchard Road, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment