Friday, November 15, 2013

Sunshine Kitchen

Last month, my good friend KO celebrated her birthday.  When asked about where she plans to have her birthday dinner, her reply was "Sunshine Kitchen, Fort".  Where?!  This restaurant seemed so under the radar; and I don't recall coming across a Sunshine Kitchen on my countless trips to the Fort.  A quick google after, I figured it out.  It's located at the second floor of the Fort Strip.  Aha!  That's why.  Because I rarely go to the Fort Strip except to park there when I visit the bazaar at the NBC Tent.  LOL.  Mental note:  must visit Fort Strip more.

Fast forward to the day itself, it was raining cats and dogs.  Everyone was running late.  Hubby and I were a bit earlier so we had the chance to browse the menu before everyone came.  I had so much dishes I wanted to try, but since we're not the celebrant (meaning, the one paying, haha), we left the ordering to KO when she arrived.

Here's what we had:
Creamy Crab and Shrimp Dip with Artichokes
We all loved this.  Couldn't resist mopping up the sauce even after all the bread was gone!


Sunshine Pizza
Sunshine Kitchen provided an interesting twist to their pizza:  quail eggs! 


Pasta Al Nero
The noodles were cooked al dente, and I personally liked the combination of squid ink pasta with white sauce.


Truffled 4 Cheese Pasta with Smoked Bacon
There was a faint truffle smell, but a bit lacking for me.


6 Hour Slow Roast Porchetta
We had two orders of these, and one came out burnt, but the other, perfect.  Negative points for the burnt ones, but the perfect one provided a nice crunch and tender meat.


Cabanatuan Longganisa Paella with 2 Fried Eggs
Paella was so-so.  It's your usual paella with an additional bonus:  2 fried eggs.  I guess Sunshine Kitchen really does live up to their name.  (Sun=Eggs.  Get it?  LOL!)


Come dessert time, the group of gluttons decided to get all three desserts offered by the restaurant!  See?  Birds of the same feather, flock together!  Just kidding!  We were 7 in all, so having all three desserts sounds just about right.  At least we'll get to try everything, right?

Salted Caramel Cheesecake


Key Lime Pie Ice Cream


Mangoes Foster



All the desserts were yummy.  Plus points for the key lime pie ice cream, it really does taste like key lime pie!  Never had this flavor before, so it was a refreshing change.


Overall I'll give Sunshine Kitchen a 4 out of 5 stars.  There's a few more items that I'd like to try, so yes, I will be back.  Happy Birthday KO!  XOXO


Sunshine Kitchen is at 2/F The Fort Strip, Fort Pointe Bldg., 5th Ave. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig

*Join my blog anniversary giveaway!  Click here for more details!

1 comment: