Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cova Tapas y Sangria

Food bloggers have been raving about Cova ever since it opened.  I would have tried it earlier had it been not for a friend who posted in her Facebook wall that she and her group of friends (about 6?) dined in Cova and the bill was a whopping 6-digits.  SIX DIGITS.  Whoa.  But thanks to Deal Grocer, Cova is now within reach for us mere mortals!  

After weeks of procrastinating, I got an email from Deal Grocer that my voucher was about to expire.  I hurriedly dragged Hubby to Cova for a weekend date.  This was what greeted us:

The famous interior of Cova
Very nice.  I was expecting Cova to be big and loud.  Instead, it was small and cozy, perfect for a laid back night out.


What we had from the Deal Grocer voucher:
White and Red Sangria
The white one is fruity, while the red one was a bit heavier.  Sorry, not a wine connoisseur so I can't describe it much.  I can, however, tell you that it's pretty good and prefect for not so heavy drinkers.  Light and refreshing.  


Tortilla de Verduras
The Tortilla de Verduras reminded me a bit of quiche.  Being the egg person that I am, it's definitely a thumbs-up!


Huevos Cabreados
Hubby didn't like this one that much.  He said it reminded him of piknik.  Well, it is potatoes, but it can get a bit oily when you've had a few.


Additional orders that were not included in the Deal Grocer voucher:
Ravioli de Rabo de Toro
The description says ox tail , foie gras, shiitake mushrooms and ox tail jus.  I'm a sucker for anything that says foie gras, so we definitely had to have it.  Sadly, I didn't taste the foie gras.  It got lost amidst all the ox tail and mushrooms!


Calamares Tintados
Love this.  Crunchy squid ink batter on the outside, soft squid ring on the inside.


Cap I Pota
Hubby's star dish of the night.  Cova's version of callos.  The only problem with the dish?  It's tiny!


Pintxo de Queso Frito
Fried Gruyere cheese with caramelized onions and honey.  A mix of sweet and salty.  A must- try!


Overall, Cova gets a 4.5 stars out of 5.  Why not 5?  Because all the items in the menu are bite size and serving portions are tiny. And prices are a bit on the expensive side.  But don't worry, we were nowhere near the feared 6-digit bill.  


Cova is at 22 Jupiter St. Bel-Air, Makati City.


No comments:

Post a Comment