Monday, January 14, 2013

Boracay Eats: Caruso at The District

On our last night in Boracay, everyone was too full to eat (thanks to the calamansi muffins and the chori burger and whatever we could stuff our faces with, haha!).  But heck, it was Christmas day and no one wants to go home without having their Christmas dinner.  Besides, it IS the last night at the paradise.  We were offered free dinner at the Astoria, but we had to turn it down when we found out that we had to undergo a 90-minute seminar about their properties (they were selling time shares, I think).  At that time, my list of food and restaurant must trys have also run out so we didn't have a clue where to eat.  Dad suddenly remembered Caruso at The District, where we had a couple of drinks the night before.  He loved the ambiance and suggested we go there.  No one had a better idea, so we went with his.  And what good idea that was!  Here's what we had:

Filetto di maiale alla Piemontese

Pork fillet with mushroom pietmonte style.  Ahhh what tender pork!  I'm not one to usually order pork in restaurants because usually they overcook it and it becomes tough.  And yes, this was not my dish.  But we agreed to share everything (wrong move!  I loved it so much that I almost finished the dish on my own hahaha oops, sorry folks).

Rotolino di funghi porcini dell 'Ossola

Rolled crepe stuffed with porcini mushrooms from pietmonte region.  Crepe?  Porcini mushrooms?  Yes, yes, yes!  You can never go wrong with the combination of these two things (in my opinion, at least) and surely, Caruso did not disappoint.

Gnocchi Caruso

Home made potato pasta with cream, ham and cheese.  This was my order, and Mom said that mine was the least impressive that night.  It was delicious, but nothing compared to the two memorable dishes that night. 


Overall I'd give a whopping 5 out of 5 for Caruso.  It's sad that we didn't get to try more dishes that night but surely, I will be back (or can I just have the chef kidnapped and sent to me here in Manila?  LOL).  And this, ladies and gentlemen, concludes my Boracay Eats posts.  I hope you liked them! 

Caruso is at The District, Station 2, Barangay Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment