Friday, January 11, 2013

Boracay Eats: Kasbah

On our third day in Boracay, we decided to hang out in Station 1.  Hubby and I planned to ride the ATVs in the afternoon but first we needed to have lunch.  I already had Kasbah on my mind, I just hoped that the rest of the family will go with my plan since they're not keen on trying exotic dishes.  As luck would have it, they said yes when I asked them if they're willing to try Moroccan food!  Yay!

Here's what we had:
Chorba Vegetable Soup

Brother ordered this soup made out of a mix of pureed vegetables.  Hmm.. not a fan, but he seems to have no problem with it.   


Mixed Platter Brochette

We wanted to try a bit of everything so we got the mixed platter.  One each of fish, prawn, beef and chicken.  The fish and chicken were tender, the beef was a bit tough.  Didn't get to try the prawns though...



Seven Vegetable Couscous

It's not everyday that we get to eat couscous, and I like couscous, even with the vegetables!  Haha!



Lamb Tagine

The lamb was tender, perfectly cooked.  Just wish it didn't have that much fat.



Chicken Pastilla

The Chicken Pastilla was a pleasant surprise.  Light pastry filled with spiced chicken and topped with powdered sugar and cinnamon.  The combination seemed off but it gave off an explosion of flavors at first bite.  Everyone kept digging in, and it was gone in seconds.



Overall I'd give Kasbah a 4 out of 5 stars.  And call me ignorant, but upon chatting up the server, we found out that there's already a branch in Fort!  Now we don't have to go all the way to Boracay just to savor Kasbah's Moroccan goodness.


Kasbah is at Boracay, Station One, White Beach Malay, Aklan.

2 comments: