Friday, February 15, 2013

Hong Kong Eats: Saboten

Hong Kong Airport is one of the best airports around the world.  At least, for me.  I think it is too for a lot of people.  Why?  Because you've got clean airport +great shopping+good food choices.  One of the best food choices?  Saboten.  I can still remember the first time I tasted Saboten when it first opened a few years ago.  I was looking for a quick snack and this little store caught my eye.  Amidst the steep price (I ordered a mix of pork loin and tenderloin then and it was HKD99), I went for it out of curiosity.  And boy oh boy, they did not disappoint!  Can you say love at first bite?  Crunchy, breaded outside with soft and moist pork inside.  It was a feast for the senses!  It's been a staple ever since.  No going home without Saboten!  Think of it as my last food hurrah whenever I leave Hong Kong.


Overall I'd give Saboten a 4.5 out of 5.  Till next Hong Kong trip, Saboten.  And with that, I round up my posts for the January 2013 Hong Kong trip.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing about it!

Saboten is at the Hong Kong International Airport, departure area.

No comments:

Post a Comment