Thursday, February 21, 2013

Summer Palace


Summer Palace has long been a favorite among the Chinese foodies, but it was only a few weeks ago that we got to try it (I know, I know, where have I been?!).  I've heard great things about this Chinese restaurant before, and even know someone whose family dines there almost every week.  Never really thought much about it until my friend BG's sister had her wedding reception in Edsa Shangri-La Hotel and they served absolutely drool-worthy food from Summer Palace.  So on one random Sunday, I dragged my whole family there.

Clear Bamboo Pith Soup




Softshell Crab with Pork Floss
The most memorable dish I've had from BG's sister's wedding.  Of course, we HAD to have this, and it did not disappoint.  Softshell crab+mango+pork floss.  Three of my favorite things in one dish!  


Pork Humba
Wonderfully fattening, but it's worth the calories!


Rolls accompanying the Pork Humba





Cornflakes Prawn
Another memorable dish from the wedding.  The combination of prawns with the crunchy cornflakes is addicting!


FIsh Fillet with Apple Sauce
Who would've thought of putting fish and apples together?  Different, but a good kind of different.  A huge plus for the super tender fish!


Seafood Noodles




Pepper Beef Steak
One of the softest beef steaks I've ever tried.  'Nuff said.


Homemade Tofu with Mushrooms
Tofu and flavorful is usually not used in the same sentence.  I was expecting the usual bland tofu, but this one surprised me.


Crispy Banana Ball
A bit on the oily side.  I was the only one who ate this!


Hot Almond Cream
Mehh... have tried better ones.


Overall I'd give Summer Palace a 4 out of 5 stars.  Dessert needs improvement, but the main entrees are definitely worth a second, third, fourth....nth visit!


Summer Palace is at the Edsa Shangri-La Hotel at 1 Garden Way, Ortigas Centre, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment