Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hong Kong Eats: Mos Burger

I've been a fan of the infamous rice burger ever since I can remember.  But with limited places serving rice burger here in the Philippines, I always jump at the chance to get my rice burger fix whenever I'm abroad.  A few years ago, on a trip to Singapore, I got the chance to try out Mos Burger's rice burger, and it was sooo good it left me drooling every time I remembered it. So this time, on our trip to Hong Kong, when I saw Mos Burger in Langham Place, Mongkok, I knew I had to give in to my rice burger craving. 

Here's what we had:
Yakiniku Rice Burger

Sadly, the rice burger in Mos Burger Hong Kong paled in comparison to the Singapore one.  First of all, the rice bun is too thick, yet small in diameter, making it hard to bite into the burger without making a mess.  Second, the beef was placed in a heap, small portions too.  Take one bite and it's all gone.  Oh well, so much for satisfying my craving.


Chili Wagyu Burger

A picture of the Chili Wagyu Burger was placed right at the cashier, making it impossible to miss.  And how can you resist when the word "wagyu" is there?  This one was quite good, the patty is tender and the vegetables crisp and fresh.


Croquette

We opted for two sides to go with our burgers, and one was the croquette.  This has to be one of the best tasting croquette I've ever tried, with the outside extra crunchy and the insides extra creamy.  I almost wanted to not share it.  LOL.


Chicken Nuggets







...and this is the other side.  Chicken nuggets.  Who wouldn't love a bite of chicken nuggets, right?  We ordered the right thing too because this was one pretty good.  Very tender meat.


Overall I'd give Mos Burger a 3 out of 5 stars.  Save for the disappointing rice burger, everything else was pretty good!


Mos Burger is at  Shop 01, Level 4A, Langham Place, 8 Argyle Street Mong Kok, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment