Friday, March 7, 2014

The Lunchbox Diet Diaries: Day 5

Day 5!  And just like that, we've reached the end of the week.  Lost yet another .8 lbs today!

Friday's words of encouragement and menu

Friday's Food



Breakfast:  Daing na Bangus with Home made Atchara and Red Rice
Surprise, surprise!  The bangus was very juicy!  I've had my fair share of tough, dry bangus to last me a lifetime and I was seriously expecting something like that, since it's reheated from the microwave.  Good thing they've exceeded my expectations!  Hooray for the chefs over at the lunchbox diet! 

Lunch:  Parmesan Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Chicken was as tender as it was on the first day of our diet.  Pasta was also cooked just right.  Wish there were more parmesan though, I could barely taste it!

Dinner:  Sichuan Pork, Veggies & Cashew Stir Fry and Red Rice
This was the tastiest meal of the week.  I loved the pork strips and I loved the mixture of the veggies.  It smelled so good!  And since there was a bit of sauce from the pork juices, I used the rice to mop up the sauce.  Yum!

Snack:  Cracker and Yogurt 
The yogurt was definitely a more filling alternative to the fruits.  I had dinner at 9pm and normally, my stomach would already be growling by 6pm.  Surprisingly, I lasted till 9pm!  


So what do I think of the lunchbox diet?  
It's very doable!  Actually, the secret to any diet is that you'd have to have self-control.  Food is not the enemy here.  The right amount and the right food can help you in your weight loss journey.  The lunchbox diet just shows us that even carbs (pasta, red rice) can aid us lose weight when eaten in small portions.  Overall, I lost a grand total of 5.6 lbs.  Hubby, on the other hand, lost a whopping 10 lbs!  And yes, we did cheat a little bit.  Just a teeny tiny bit.  We're only human.  :)

So would we do it again?  
Yes!  Another good thing about the lunchbox diet is that they prepare a different menu every week.  That means you won't get stuck eating the same food over and over again.  Now, if you're looking for something to jumpstart your weight loss, why not try out the lunchbox diet?  I'd definitely recommend it!








 
For more information about the Lunchbox Diet, visit their facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/lunchboxdietph

No comments:

Post a Comment