Thursday, November 22, 2012

Beauty Box: Unboxing My 1st GlamourBox

Look what arrived in the mail!  My first ever beauty box!  Confession:  I've never heard of beauty boxes (not even famous ones from the States like Birchbox!) until I saw a post from Manila Fashion Observer.  Shows how much of a non-beauty junkie I am.  I got intrigued by this new-to-me concept so I went on to subscribe to my first kit.  For those who are not familiar with the concept of beauty boxes, this is how it works:  all you have to do it subscribe to the site, fill in your details, choose which option you want (beauty boxes are delivered on a once-a-month basis, with options of automatic renewable subscription or you can do a one-time subscription basis), then wait for your beauty box.  Simple as that!  You get sample sizes from the featured brand of the month and they never tell you what you're going to get so the fun is in the waiting and the surprise that awaits you when you open your box.  

This is what arrived for the month of November:
Oooh.  Nice box.  Simple and elegant.  The box is also very sturdy, and can be used for other essentials in the future.


The welcome note.  At the back is list of the items that are included in the box, indicating the full size versions and their corresponding prices.


A first peek of the contents inside the box.


Official contents of the box.

What I got:
1.  Bvlgari Man perfume for men
2.  Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste perfume for women
3.  Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua perfume for women
4.  Burberry Sport perfume for men
5.  Ofra lip gloss palette
6.  Yves Rocher triple action anti-cellulite concentrate
7.  Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Cream
8.  Eye of Horus natural mascara
9.  Yves Rocher Php200 gift card

What do I think of my November Glamourbox?  I'm still on the fence about it.  The Shiseido cream definitely makes it worth its price.  The other brands are unfamiliar to me so I have yet to test it out if it works for me.  Will do an update once I've tried everything.

How about you?  Did you subscribe to any of the beauty boxes?  How did you like them?  Sound off at the comments section and let me know! 

Glamourbox costs Php 595/month.  For more information, visit their site at www.glamourbox.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment