Friday, November 9, 2012

New Find: Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Celebrity Beige Lipstick

Two weeks ago I passed by Shu Uemura at the Powerplant Mall.  I was intrigued by the new cute posters they put up, and when I saw the words "Karl Lagerfeld", my eyes lit up.  Anyone obsessed with Chanel would know who he is (ok for those of you who don't, say hello to THE creative director of Chanel).  So in I went.  To those of you who don't know me, I'm not much of a beauty junkie.  The most I would put on my face on a normal day would be blush, a little powder and lipgloss or the occasional lipstick.  My mind had "lipstick" written all over it so I immediately zoomed in on the lipsticks but only one shade caught my eye, the "celebrity beige".  Tried it on and I knew this was the one.  I'm not a fan of the too dark or too light shades and this was just right.  It goes on smoothly, giving the i-know-you-have-lipstick-on-but-it-looks-so-natural look.  Was prepared to whip out my credit card when the lady at the counter told me it was out of stock!  Apparently the whole Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld collaboration just released the day before and stocks got wiped out immediately.  Argh.  But she did tell me that they will be replenishing and new ones will arrive by November.  So with a sad face, I wrote down my contact details and asked her to kindly give me a ring/text the moment it arrives.  Fast forward two weeks later, I got a text that my order has arrived!  It took all the willpower for me not to run off to Powerplant Mall right that minute as it was already around 9pm and the mall would be closed by the time I arrive.  The next day, right after lunch, you guessed it!  Celebrity beige, you're mine!  

Here are some photos I took.  How can you resist this cute Japanese doll with puppy dog eyes?  

Love the packaging!




This photo is the closest one to the actual shade.  I was actually hurrying to take the photos because I can't wait to put it on!


Shu Uemura is available at the Powerplant Mall, Shangri-La Plaza and Rustan's Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment