Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mr. SunMoon Seafood House


A visiting Uncle from California is in town, so being the traditional Chinese family that we are, the first dinner will always be in a Chinese restaurant.  Mr. SunMoon has always been one of my Dad's favorites, and with the location just a mere 5 minute drive, it's a no-brainer.
Image
What we had:
Image
Fish Lip Soup.  Being one of the classic soups, I guess you can say that I've tried about a hundred variations of this particular soup.  I like that SunMoon did not scrimp on their ingredients unlike other watered-down versions I had.  The soup was not too salty and was full on flavor.
Image
Pig's Kidney.  Uh... I passed on this one.  The smell was too intense for my taste.
Image
Fried Squid.  The squid, on the other hand, is something I would never ever pass up.  Soft with just the right amount of bite.
Image
Fried rice is just fried rice, right? Wrong. Sunmoon's fried rice is not your average fried rice.  Having a spoonful will give you soft rice with bits of ham and chinese sausage. Yum.
Image
The kikiam has been a childhood favorite and will remain as such even after many, many years into adulthood.
Image
Was not too impressed with this one.  I've tried better ones (more on that in my upcoming posts!)
Image
The sea cucumber tasted... normal.  Nothing to rant or rave here.
Image
Did not try this either.  Not a fan of too many vegetables (who is, right? yes, that's me trying to convince myself that not liking vegetables is perfectly normal.  hands up if you're with me!)
Now we go to the main reason why we chose to eat in SunMoon:
Image
This big bag boy weighs 1.9 kgs.
Image
See how big it is? That's my thumb next to it for comparison.  And how does it taste? It took me no time to sink my teeth into its big, juicy, tender and sweet meat. Amazing, I tell you.
So overall, how does SunMoon rate? I'd give it 3.5 stars out of 5.
Image
Mr. SunMoon Seafood House is located at G/F 1 Kennedy Place, Club Filipino Ave. cor. Ortigas Greenhills, San Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment