Friday, November 16, 2012

Icebergs




If you're from the Philippines, when you say cold refreshing dessert, chances are that the first thing that would pop into your mind will be halo-halo (literally means "mix-mix").  Halo-halo here in our country is so popular that you can find it in almost every corner; may it be an established hotel or a humble restaurant, serving their own interpretation of the famous dessert.  I think it's safe to say that I've tried countless halo-halos enough to call myself a groupie(?). LOL.  So why this post?  Because I think I may have found "the one".  Oh I'm not referring to a significant other (already found him years ago) but rather, the one perfect halo-halo (at least for me!).  One word:  Icebergs.  This is one dessert that made Icebergs what it is today.  People who have tried it would have to agree with me that Icebergs' version of it is simple superb.  Why?  Let me get down to the details:

a.  The quality of the ice.  Icebergs' ice are smooth and melts in your mouth.  I've tried bad ones with "rocky" ice and nobody wants that.  

b.  The ingredients.  What I got was the super halo halo.  There are 12 different ingredients in an Icebergs halo halo, topped with 2 scoops of ice cream.  All of them fresh and yummy.  One thing though:  if you're a huge fan of beans, they do not include this particular ingredient.



c.  The size.  While other establishments scrimp on their ingredients, I'm happy to report that icebergs does not.  See picture above.  From the size of it, it's good for two!

d.  The price.  The super halo halo is priced at Php 108 (USD 2.63)!  Really??  Yes!! And you get all this! 

Posting about this made me hungry.  Warning:  Please do not bother me when you see me in Icebergs eating my halo-halo.  I bite.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment