Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wildflour Cafe + Bakery

Last night was overwhelming/tiring/hot.  After coming from the Miss Earth Ambassador's Night held at the Best Western F1 Hotel, we were on a hunt for some quick but light grub since we already had a few small bites at the event.  Being the foodie (or glutton, call me what you want) in the family, I'm always tasked to decide on where to eat.  Last night was no exception, and my mind traveled north to south, east to west, thinking of where to eat in the Fort area when a lightbulb popped into my head.  Wildflour.  Hubby and I have actually already tried out this place a few weeks ago, and save for the phenomenal Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie, the other things we ordered (baked escargot, croque madame) were so-so.  But why let a few so-so dishes put a dampen on the restaurant when there's so much more other things to try?  So try we did. 


I love the interior of Wildflour.  The first time we were here, I was gushing to Hubby about how chic this place is and how it reminds me of New York. 


A shot of the bar 



What we had:
Arugula Salad.  Warm bacon, vinaigrette, fried egg, parmesan. 

We ate this deconstructed.  Mom and Hubby had the arugula, Dad claimed the egg, and I feasted on the bacon bits.  It passed both Mom's discerning taste and Hubby's chef standards.



Tarte Flambes.  Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Gruyere.

This is Wildflour's version of a pizza.  Sweet caramelized onions in an ultra thin crust.  One bite of this sent me into a downward spiral.  I'm doomed.  Must. Order. This. Every. Time.



And presenting... the much raved about Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie.
To say that this piece of pie is delicious is an understatement.  I'm always wary of creams that are too strong and headache-inducing, but this one gives you just the right amount of cream with the right hint of peanut butter that's never overpowering.  Sandwiched in between are thin slices of bananas in every bite.  The only downside?  One slice is not enough! 



Wildflour is at G/F Net Lima Bldg., 4th Ave. cor. 26th St. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig

No comments:

Post a Comment