Friday, November 23, 2012

Yomenya Goemon Japanese Spaghetti House

Call me ignorant, but I've never associated Japanese food with spaghetti.  For me, Italian=spaghetti and Japanese=ramen.  So naturally, when I heard about Yomenya Goemon, curiosity got the best of me.  How would it fare compared to the Italians?  Would it have the same al dente doneness? What kind of spaghetti would they serve?  Would it taste weird?  There's no other way of knowing the answers till I try it out myself.  Good thing the opportunity presented itself 2 weeks ago, on a Saturday night.  Hubby, Brother, bestfriend JC and I were scheduled to watch "Wreck It Ralph" (which is an awesome moview btw) in Greenbelt 3 and we wanted to eat somewhere near.  Yomenya Goemon was the perfect choice. 

 A little background on Yomenya Goemon printed on the menu


Mixed Pizza 

Soft and chewy.  The ingredients are also very fresh.  This is good pizza.


Shrimp, Bacon, Onsen Egg 

Hubby got this.  He liked it well enough.  I myself am not much of a fan of red sauce, so it was just ok for me.


Carbonara Meat Sauce with Onsen Egg 

This is what I had.  It's white sauce mixed with a little red meat sauce.  Mix it up and what you get is an explosion of flavors in your mouth.  Kinda like east meets west.  And the egg is simply divine.  Ok, I might be a little biased there, because I love anything and everything egg.


Hokkaido Cheese Cream Soup 

Brother went for this.  What makes Italian spaghetti houses different from Yomenya Goemon is that they serve a number of soup based spaghettis.  And how does it taste?  Oh so yummy.  It was a perfect fusion of flavors, with a delightful creamy aftertaste.  I would have happily drained the soup had it not been Brother's.  


Clam Chowder Soup Spaghetti 

This is JC's bowl.  They surely did not scrimp on the clams, as you can see in the photo above.  It was ok but there's something lacking in the flavor, at least for me.


A selection of their dishes displayed outside to tempt you to enter

Overall Yomenya Goemon passed with flying colors.  Even better than other Italian places, I think.  We all left with happy tummies.  The only complaint?  It took a while before Brother's order arrive.  We almost didn't make it on time for the movie.  Luckily he's a fast eater. Glutton like me.  LOL.


Yomenya Goemon is at 2/F, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment